General Overview of Features
The CSIU Fund Accounting application is a comprehensive package offering tools for all-inclusive tracking, storing and reporting of Fund Accounting data, accounts receivable and payable, purchase orders and budget preparation. Major features and characteristics include:
Ease of Use
- User-friendly screens for data entry and report generation.
- Detailed documentation is available from the Help menu.
- Consistent in appearance and functionality with other CSIU applications.
- Provides maximum efficiency and consistency by sharing common data with other CSIU applications such as Payroll, Personnel, Tax Collection, Bidding, Consumables and Assets Inventory.
- Includes Query Maker, a flexible report writer.
- Adopts standard PA account code format.
- Compatible with accepted accounting principles (GAAP) and the requirements of Handbook II including full accrual accounting.
- Allows line-item budgeting.
- Allows access to multiple years of financial data and provides work ahead capabilities.
- Supports unlimited fund and checking accounts.
- Allows data entry by account code, cross reference number, or proration code.
- Provides controls for encumbrance and invoice payment activity.
- Enables automatic updating of receipt and expenditure accounts from other financial, tax and personnel applications.
- Provides transfer functions to assist with the beginning of new fiscal year.
- Includes budget transfer and check reconciliation capabilities.
- Allows optional encumbrance when entering a PO.
- Provides PO security by building and account codes. Provides multi-level approval of POs.
- User-defined "flex reports."
- Checks and reports for multiple checking accounts.
- Detailed and summary reports of transaction history.
- Purchase orders, encumbrance activity, and transaction entry proof reports.
- 1099 forms and multiple vendor activity reports and labels.
- Final expenditure reports.
- Annual financial merge and annual budget merge with PDE database format.
- Positive Pay bank export.
- Audit Log.