The strategic plan will guide the operation of the Central Susquehanna Intermediate Unit (CSIU) for 2013-16. The document, based on the solid framework for success provided by three previous plans, describes ways in which the organization can meet current and future needs of its clients and customers.
The plan evolved from a process in which the board, staff members and external clients identified priorities and assessed program needs. The strategic planning leadership team used this data to draft strategic priorities to steer the organization over the next three years.
The plan is a strong reaffirmation of the CSIU’s mission and core values, including its ongoing commitment to “Enriching learning…Enriching lives.” The plan builds on the principles contained in the predecessor documents, while adding goals and strategies that are designed to further improve programs and services. They are written to ensure the plan has lasting relevance while allowing for sufficient flexibility for staff to respond to changing needs and circumstances.
- In April 2013, the CSIU Strategic Planning Team consulted with the executive director of IU 13 and began the strategic planning journey.
- In April, the team identified the methodology and stakeholders for collection of the needs assessment data.
- In May, feedback was requested from the board, staff and nine district stakeholder groups via an electronic survey.
- In June, the team reconvened and, under the consultation of the executive director of IU 13, analyzed each of the nearly 1,500 responses collected through the needs assessment survey. They summarized the data and identified common themes, which validated the CSIU’s mission, beliefs and values.
- In August, the team defined five strategic priorities and named a champion for each.
- From August through October, the champions assembled project teams and identified goals and strategies for the strategic priorities, and the timeline for accomplishing the strategies over the next three years.
- In November, the CSIU’s Strategic Plan was presented to the CSIU Board of Directors for approval.
- Through 2016, the champions and project teams will operationalize the strategic plan and track progress toward completion.
- The executive director will report annually to the CSIU Board of Directors on the implementation of the strategic plan.